The Junior League of Cleveland welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.. We seek prospective members who are responsible women, who express an interest and involvement in community service through volunteering, whose actions will actively uphold the standards of the Junior League, and who are willing to make a personal commitment and contribution to the Junior League.
Criteria for Membership:
- A prospective new member shall possess an interest in:
- voluntarism and a commitment to community service
- development of her potential as a civic leader to affect community change
- commitment to contributing to a supportive and respectful environment
- and a willingness to advance the vision of the JLC.
- All prospective new members should be prepared to uphold the responsibilities of membership and adhere to the JLC’s regulations, policies, code of ethics and procedures, as well as strive to fulfill the obligations asked of each member.
- A prospective new member shall have reached the age of 21 as of June 30th of the year she applies for Provisional membership and shall be a current resident or work in Northeast Ohio
What Must a New Prospective Member Do?
- A prospective new member is encouraged to attend an informational meeting to learn more about the Junior League and meet some of our members. Please visit our list of information sessions, or our Facebook page to learn about upcoming informational meetings. You can also call the League house for more information at 216.231.6300.
- Prospective new members will need to complete the application form and make payment by the deadline. Payment includes annual dues plus one-time, non-refundable course fee.
- Be willing to fulfill mandatory New Member requirements, with (2) training activities*, (3) small group meeting and (4) other requirements/activities and new member project/placement.
- *The Super Saturday training is required. If a new member is unable to attend, she will be asked to schedule a replacement orientation, where she shall be informed of the privileges, duties and responsibilities in the JLC prior to submitting her membership contract.
- Be aware of their financial commitment throughout the year.