The Junior League of Cleveland welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities. We seek prospective members who are responsible women, who express an interest and involvement in community service through volunteering, whose actions will actively uphold the standards of the Junior League, and who are willing to make a personal commitment and contribution to the Junior League.
Criteria for Membership:
- A prospective Provisional member shall possess an interest in:
- voluntarism and a commitment to community service
- development of her potential as a civic leader to affect community change
- commitment to contributing to a supportive and respectful environment
- and a willingness to advance the vision of the JLC.
- All prospective Provisional members should be prepared to uphold the responsibilities of membership and adhere to the JLC’s regulations, policies, code of ethics and procedures, as well as strive to fulfill the obligations asked of each member
- A prospective Provisional member shall have reached the age of 21 as of June 30th of the year she applies for Provisional membership and shall be a current resident or work in Northeast Ohio
What Must a Prospective Provisional Member Do?
- A prospective Provisional member is encouraged to attend an informational meeting to learn more about the Junior League and meet some of our current members. Please visit our list of information sessions, or our Facebook page to learn about upcoming informational meetings. You can also call the League for more information at 216.231.6300.
- Prospective provisional members will need to complete the application form and make payment by the Friday, September 13 application deadline.
- Be willing to fulfill mandatory Provisional Member requirements, with (4) Community Events, (4) Social/Education Events, (4) Training/Signature Events, (4) “Other” League Events, and a Spring Provisional Member project. Provisional Members will have from October 2019 through May 2020 to complete all requirements.
Application for the 2019-2020 Provisional Member Class will open on Saturday, July 20 and will close on Friday, September 13!