The Junior League of Cleveland welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities. We seek prospective members who are responsible women, who express an interest and involvement in community service through volunteering, whose actions will actively uphold the standards of the Junior League, and who are willing to make a personal commitment and contribution to The Junior League.
Criteria for Membership:
- A prospective Provisional member shall possess an interest in:
- voluntarism and a commitment to community service
- development of her potential as a civic leader to affect community change
- commitment to contributing to a supportive and respectful environment
- and a willingness to advance the Mission of the Junior League of Cleveland
- All prospective Provisional members should be prepared to uphold the responsibilities of membership and adhere to the JLC’s regulations, policies, code of ethics and procedures, as well as strive to fulfill the obligations asked of each member
- A prospective Provisional member shall have reached the age of 21 as of June 30 of the year she applies for Provisional membership and shall be a current resident of or work in Northeast Ohio
What Must a Prospective Provisional Member Do?
- A prospective Provisional member is encouraged to attend an informational meeting to learn more about the Junior League of Cleveland and meet some of our current members; please visit our Facebook page to learn about upcoming informational meetings; you can also call the League for more information at 216.231.6300
- Prospective Provisional members will need to complete the application form and remit their payment by the application deadline
- Be willing to fulfill mandatory Provisional member requirements, with (4) Community Events, (4) Social/Education Events, (4) Training/Signature Events, (4) “Other” League Events, and a Spring Provisional member project
Application for the 2020-2021 Provisional Member Class will open later this year.